Cannabis Certified Public Accountant, CPA
We can service professionals, Government Agencies and businesses in the Cannabis industry because we believe like so many other states and countries do, that Cannabis should be regulated and taxed. Regulated for health safety concerns and taxed to support its local economy. We understand that local governments have a challenge in creating and implementing new Cannabis laws and Cannabis entrepreneurs will need help staying Compliant. Herman P Ortiz CPA PC is here to consult and service both. Our goal is to help Professionals, businesses and local governments to stay in the Green and out of the Red.
Services that we can provide to the Cannabis Industry:
- Outsourcing solutions for Government Agencies implementing Marijuana Initiatives- outsourced services including accounting, tax and application & permitting services.
- Consultation- on best practices processes, tools and controls that support reasonable tax policies
Cannabis Businesses and Professionals
- Entity/ Business Formation – Herman P Ortiz CPA can guide you on choosing the right the entity type for your business.
- Accounting and Advisory – We can help with the implementation of an accounting information system, provide monthly accounting services and yearend financial statement Reports.
- Tax Compliance and advisory – Herman P Ortiz CPA PC helps Cannabis company stakeholders navigate federal, State and local compliance challenges, strategize and plan for Internal Revenue Code 280E. Also provide the necessary tax filings (Payroll tax, sales tax, business tax and personal tax).
- Forensic and litigation services.
- Tax Resolution services – Herman P Ortiz CPA Represent clients in IRS Audits and IRS Office of Appeals examinations. We also can assist with state and federal Offer in Compromise programs.
- Annual Workers compensation and General liability insurance Audit representation and assistances.
For more information about “Cannabis” services please fill out the contact form below.